1. Anti-inflammatory drugs may be protective for the occurrence of Alzheimer’s Disease.
Anti-inflammatory drugs may protect against Alzheimer’s Diease.
Use verb protect instead of adj. protective. And the occurrence of is useless, so delete it.
2. Clinical seizures have been estimated to occur in 0.5% to 2.3% of the neonatal population.
Clinical seizures occur in 0.5% to 2.3% of the newborns.
have been estimated to is useless here and neonatal population just mean newborns.
3. Ultimately p53 guards not only against malignant transformation but also plays roles in developmental processes as diverse as aging, differentiation, and fertility.
Besides preventing cancer, p53 also plays roles in aging, differentiation and fertility.
This gives us a pattern to rewite not only…but also: using besides…, also.
malignant transformation is another way to say cancer.
At first, I don’t know why in developmental processes as diverse as is deleted. But after it was deleted, I found the meaning of this sentence didn’t change! So if you are not sure whether a word need to deleted or not, you can just delete it and see how the meaning changes.
4.Injuries to the brain and spinal cord have long been known to be among the most devastating and expensive of all injuries to treat medically.
Injuries to the brain and spinal cord are among the most devastating and expensive.
have long been known to be is redundant, using are is enough. of all injuries to treat medically can be deleted. First, of all injuries is repetitive. Second, aren’t all injuries treated medically?
5. An IQ test measures an individual’s abilities to perform functions that usually fall in the domains of verbal communication, reasoning, and performance on tasks that represent motor and spatial capabilities.
An IQ test measures verbal, reasoning or motor and spatial capabilities.
an indiviual’s abilities to perform functions that usually fall in the domains of besically means nothing, so delete it.
performance on tasks that represent…, why not just wirte what is represented, and delete those words?
6. As we can see from Figure 2, if the return kinetic energy is less than 3.2 U_p, there will be two electron trajectories associated with this kinetic energy.
Figure 2 shows that a return kinetic energy less than 3.2 U_p yields two electron trajectories.